• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what are they worth ?

Docter

hidey ho folks im new to this site and it seems i have found youall in time. this past weakend me and 2 buddys went to look at 2 old deuces. a 1952 with a 3 digit S/N and a 1954 with a 5 digit S/N. both GMCs with a auto trany, cab and bet metal in pretty good shape, as best as we could see the chassis and springs and axles appear in good shape, with minor convincing the moters do turn by hand. dashes and data plates are there. considering they have been in the woods about 20 years they are in reelly good shape. i am really not familiar with these auto tranys in these trucks. i know i can get them for at least the price of scrap. but i would like any info youall can supply we have a couple of us from our Vet post who are willing to go in on restoring these. any help would be great.
thank you in advance, youres at arms Doc

nattieleather

Don't mind him Doc his screen name should be Grumpyrobb....:)

Anyway provided the do not have trees growing up through them I would say off the top of my head somewhere between $500-$1000 for the pair. If they were complete trucks with beds etc then they would be worth more.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
There are a lot of active members in your area that may be able to help. If I was at home in Maryland I would come help you but Korea is a bit too far. The key to low cost restoration begins with a low acquistion price so let the owner know you are trying to get them back to historic shape for historys sake. He might even give you a better price than scrap if you are taking them away.

Welcome to the site and I hope you get them and will learn much about them from the Steel Soldiers on the site. I have learned so much about my vehicles that I can't begin to thank all the members who have helped.

God bless,