• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What color for deuce interior and underhood?

Rattlehead

I have the camo painting manual but cannot find anything that ID's what color the heater core box and the dash should be.

On Rapco's ad, there are the following:

319 late WW2 lusterless olive drab
23070 WW2 semigloss olive drab
24087 semigloss olive drab
34086 lusterless olive drab (current issue)

I listed the WW2 colors also, because I wonder if they actually used those colors on certain parts in the Vietnam era vehicles. They are pretty dark in color.

Jones

My paint manual says the entire vehicle gets the base coat, inside and out, (whatever green you've chosen); then the additional camo colors go over that on the exterior with the exception of the frame, axles and underbody which stay the base coat. Also, earlier trucks had green wheels but the later ones went to black to blend in with the tires. Hope this helps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks