• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Did These Split Rivits Hold?

rboltz

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reassembly

Beginning assembly and since I have no reference I am wondering how the fender welting goes in. Looks like the piece on the fender is one way and the engine compartment filler plate it goes another. In other words, one is upside down from the other. Also, where does one end and the other begin? Is there a gap or do you trim them to butt together as best you can? There are a few pictures posted here in this thread from others but I can't see enough detail.

So, I just sat the fender and filler plate in to take a few pictures and get some advice. Any pictures will help. Thanks!!

Attachments

M-37Bruce

The filler plate/panel is trimmed w/ 1/2 " over on each end (shrinkage) The fender has the rest up inside, resting on the fender, inside, I guess you could trim that back as well?
That is how I did mine, I think that is how Bill W told me to do it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks