• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you think?

bubba_got_you

I know that they are not the preferred way of lifting a truck, and are not recommended, but

Here is a good article on why you should not use them -

http://www.4wheeloffroad.com/techarticles/suspension/131_0708_4x4_front_lift_blocks/index.html

'Tanner'
i know i know i am going to have springs made when i have cash.I've never heard the illegal here and i dont think anyone will bother me about it. it will only be a few months untill i have the springs made. it is only lifted 4" so its not to high ;-)

Elwenil

No problem. I only point it out because it's not one of the normal vehicle laws that seems to take the fun out of life, it's actually very unsafe. I've seen worse though, lol. A local idiot ( and I do mean idiot as in village idiot) put is front axle back in with all thread rod instead of U-bolts because they were "too expensive". :roll:

powerhouseduece

Definitely not legal here in VA or the surrounding states.

I know for a fact its illegal to change any stock suspension and go 2 sizes bigger or smaller tires in the state of maryland. not all cops know this they go by bumper hight. 28" for 1/2 amd 3/4 ton truck and 32" for 1 ton trucks. The whole blocks thing is illegal and not a very good choice. Now I wonder what the bumper hight is suppose to be on a deuce.

boomer

Your answer-
It looks ok. Are you comparing it to- the way it used to look? If so, pictures! Then we can give you an accurate answer.
Also, That's nice that you have the toy dump, and the grader to keep it company.

KaiserM109

Trevor, a good looking truck. Stock engine?

Did I miss the answer to that question? My recollections are that the flat head engine in those was rather weak and got only 6 MPG.

However, one of those old beasts got me home in '68 with a few extra holes down the right side.

Where does your spare mount? Do you still have a place for one with those upgrades? The 2 I drove for Uncle Sam in '67 to '69 had it mounted on the driver's door hinges and was a pain to egress in a hurry. It did give you a little ‘armor’ on that side, though.

Arlyn
Colorado

bubba_got_you

Did I miss the answer to that question? My recollections are that the flat head engine in those was rather weak and got only 6 MPG.

However, one of those old beasts got me home in '68 with a few extra holes down the right side.

Where does your spare mount? Do you still have a place for one with those upgrades? The 2 I drove for Uncle Sam in '67 to '69 had it mounted on the driver's door hinges and was a pain to egress in a hurry. It did give you a little ‘armor’ on that side, though.

Arlyn
Colorado
it now has a 318 v8 with a dump truck tranny. this is a m37 not a m37B1 the spare tire mounts in the bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks