• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What does this knob do?

GomezTheM35A2C

I have a 1973 M35A2

What in the world does this knob do? It's right above the transfer case shifter.
It reads "Out - Run | In - Stop"

45137730_2176597272384416_338757397919039488_n.jpg

GomezTheM35A2C

I thought the same thing. I'm out of state currently. I'll trace it back when I can. I also thought it might be for a dump bed.

Last edited:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It appears to be between the seats rather than under the dash, so I second a pull/push cable to operate a PTO or hydraulic valve. Throttle cable is also possible but that tends to be on/under the dash.

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
I've read through quite a few of the TMs and never noticed it listed, I doubt it's in there. The seat also doesn't look right to me. Unless I'm seeing things funny it looks more like a box driver's seat but in the middle of the cab, definitely not a regular passenger seat.

dmetalmiki

If you trace that assembly, I would bet is goes to the rear of the transfer case.
And.
It could be a modified "Air shift" actuator for the front axle engage.
In (In) Out (out).
Of 'all wheel drive'........(Or, Most of them with the deuce system).