• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What engine oil?

Ukraine Train

What commonly available oil should be used in these trucks? Mine is an A0 model with 3116 engine. When I search "cat 3116 oil" I see some people saying it has to use straight 30 or 40 weight but in the TM I see OE/HDO-15/40. How many quarts does it take to get from the "low" to "full" lines?

Somewhat related, I thought I saw someone mention that with the cab lifted, there are controls to start and stop the engine. Does this apply to A0 trucks? I didn't see anything like this when looking around today.

Edit: Seems the straight 30 or 40 is only for marine engines.

Last edited:

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Rotella 15W40. No doubt there a dozen oils that would do the job.

Low to full: A plastic coffee container 2/3 full! About two quarts, if I recall correctly. I remember that from topping up after an oil change.

I have not found any such starting setup on my '94 A0

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks