• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Engine Swaps have been Done

Nope it was easy...Its the same engine bolt pattern and motor mount.
I swapped out the frame engine mounts I happened to have them I didnt go looking as they are obsolete from gm.
You would be advised to look to a wrecking yard for these mounts FYI: these mounts are the 1 of 3 in the mount that uses 6 7/16 bolts In pairs of 3, bolts to the frame and crossmember.
Sourcing the gas eng pullies and hang on parts alt, power steering pump (w 2 returns, water pump. Keep in mind none of the hang on parts from the 6.2 will fit the 7.4. I did the swap over a weekend with proper engine hoist and air tools, jack stands etc.
.If you have questions pm me.

How is the 454 working out? Was it a hard swap to do, and how long would you say it took?

M35A2usmc

Nope it was easy...Its the same engine bolt pattern and motor mount.
I swapped out the frame engine mounts I happened to have them I didnt go looking as they are obsolete from gm.
You would be advised to look to a wrecking yard for these mounts FYI: these mounts are the 1 of 3 in the mount that uses 6 7/16 bolts In pairs of 3, bolts to the frame and crossmember.
Sourcing the gas eng pullies and hang on parts alt, power steering pump (w 2 returns, water pump. Keep in mind none of the hang on parts from the 6.2 will fit the 7.4
.If you have questions pm me.
Thank you, will do if or when the time comes I want or need to swap it if I go this route.

cpf240

marks86, do you have a thread here on that conversion? If not, could you start a new thread and do one, with lots of pictures, etc? Would love to hear how this is working out for you, and what all was involved.

Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks