• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What front lift springs are you running?

I wish I would have gone with lift springs instead of the flip because the look of the rear wheels no longer being centered bugs me. Moving the axle back 1 1/2" with another set of zero rates is my next project but the cost of the shackle flip kit, HD shackles, bushing kits and zero rates would have more than paid for a nice new set of lift springs. Not a big fan of blocks. As far as load carrying goes, my truck operates as original. The shackle flip brackets are very stout.
But can you even GET a set of 3" wide 4" to 6" lift springs for an 11000 GAWR application complete with a second stage (helper spring) that kicks in after 7000# or so?

But can you even GET a set of 3" wide 4" to 6" lift springs for an 11000 GAWR application complete with a second stage (helper spring) that kicks in after 7000# or so?
Great point. Thanks for making me feel better about the route I took. Rides a little stiff when unloaded but I'm amazed at the loads it can carry with hardly any sag at all. That's exactly why I chose the truck in the first place. More capacity of the 8 foot box and high GVWR for firewood. My 2500HD sagged more than this with just a 6' box and Air Lift bags at 100 psi.

Attachments

Last edited:

Trailhead 4x4

I have 6 inch Rough Country fronts. They were on there when I got the truck, and they ride terrible. Im sure the Pro Comp shocks up front aren't helping anything either though.

Blendmaster2002

skysix, yes it’s a sway bar and is currently unhooked, eventually I will either put a quick disconnect kit on or space it down at the frame, doesn’t seem to sway much with it unhooked though.

Guys as far as the compression term, you got me there, that’s wrong. I should have put more time in typing my post, what I should have typed is it takes the shackle out of tension and puts the shackle in compression, I did consider a shackle flip but for this truck I went with the blocks for now.

As far as rear lift springs go, that’s what I found too no one makes lift springs for the rear with high enough weight capacity, but I had seen Alcan Spring recommended for custom building springs, if it doesn’t cost too much that may be the route I go in the future.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks