• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What happens when an M151A2 gets run over?

combat32

I was involved in this accident but was not the driver of either vehicle.This is what an M151A2 looks like after being run over by an M3 Bradley.:-( No one was killed in this accident believe it or not, and the jeep had 4 people in it, 2 escaped unscathed and 2 were medevac'd but without life threatening injuries.

The jeep itself was not so lucky, she was evacuated to combat trains and later to the rear where 3rd shop in Fulda canabilized her then she was coded out, meanwhile we got a replacement.

This accident happened at Hoenfels Training Area, and was about Feb of 86 IIRC, at the time I was assigned to !st Squadron 11th ACR in Fulda Germany.

Attachments

Last edited:

combat32

I might add that the reason she survived as well as it did was the fact that the mud was pretty deep where the accident occured, that is also the reason the jeep is so dirty they had just dropped it off with a 5 ton wrecker after dragging it about 15 miles down the tank trail to drop it off to me. To add insult to injury I was signed for this jeep:x but as I stated before I was not driving that day my buddy was while I was doing something else.

Also I think the little M151A2 is a pretty tough vehicle, I have driven one through about every type of terrain on this planet and they always did well for me.

hwcurtice

Looks like someone forgot to use their turn indicator...

Steel Soldiers - Tough until the end. Good news, even though injured, no one was killed.

So, it was signed out to you. What did it cost you?

Story about my dad when he was stationed in Korea, after the cease fire. This story is from him, so he may have built up on it some. He was a driver, of a bus. He was ordered to drive it through a river. He balked and was ordered again. He did and was hit by a boulder, not a rock, by the river water, which apparently was moving rather fast. Possible flood stage. Well, they pulled him and the bus out and the rest of his tour was fixing the bus. I think he said they gave him living expenses only. The rest of his pay went for repairs. His only comment about his pay was that from then on, he was getting paid what a general would have gotten back then, in order to pay it off.

Which is why I ask, what did that m151a2 cost you?

combat32

Didn't cost me nothin, the TC of both the Jeep and Bradley were found at fault, both were officers, one a Captain and the other a Lieutenant. Officers don't ever get statement of charges don't ya know;-)

I was signed for the jeep from the "Support Platoon" Platoon Sergeant, a real R. Lee Ermy type E-7, lets just say when I left his office by behind was lighter than when I went in.:-(

Saw him later though and he told me thanks for gettin him a better jeep so it all worked out in the end.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks