• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What I did win today in GL3175

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
3 were up, another guy got the other 2 after he ran mine up 500 more than the other 2.....dealer most likely.

Also, does anyone have an example/suggestions for a trouble free EUC that they can share with me, I'd like to avoid problems with my first EUC

Attachments

CGarbee

Looks like a nice one in the photos... Congratulations.
As far as the EUC is concerned: Use the on-line fill out available on the GL website, use the same form for the name/address that you have for your driver's license, home phone (landline) if you have one since it makes it easier to do the reverse number search and verify your address... Utilize the helpful hints they provide for the text to put in each block ("personal" for use for instance)Scan in your driver's liscense or take a digital photo of it and blow it up big (I make mine so large it barely fits on the page) before you fax the paperwork in so that they can make out all the writing on the liscense.

I know a couple of folks who have scanned in the EUC and emailed it along with the DL, but the instructions are to fax it, and I've never had a problem doing it by fax... Don't get mad if somebody at GL sends you an email asking for revisions, just make them and resubmit as thier way works (even if their way changes from time to time...). It does take a while the first time, and subsequent ones are faster, but you never do really know how long one is going to take until it is done...

Good luck.

poppop

My biggest problem was the picture of my drivers license not being clear. I finally had a friend scan it and send it to me by e-mail. He also enlarged it so it was easier to read and I e-mailed it to them and it worked.

choll

nice

Nice I was also bidding on that blazer, I thought the prices were getting high so I backed out. The prices surprised me I thought they were high so close to Christmas. The last time I bid there I got a 1028 for 1200 bucks 40,000 miles. Great shape no rust at all. Needed to get the alts rebuilt and some electrical work but it runs like a champ now. The only thing that botherred me about that auction was the fact that they wanted a EUC. Wonder why. Good luck with it.

Chuck

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: nice

choll said:
Nice I was also bidding on that blazer, I thought the prices were getting high so I backed out. The prices surprised me I thought they were high so close to Christmas. The last time I bid there I got a 1028 for 1200 bucks 40,000 miles. Great shape no rust at all. Needed to get the alts rebuilt and some electrical work but it runs like a champ now. The only thing that botherred me about that auction was the fact that they wanted a EUC. Wonder why. Good luck with it.

Chuck
Chuck,

what price did you bailout at?, the other 2 went for around 1500.00

choll

I just looked I bailed at $700. The prices have been crazy. A parts truck in Utah went for around $1500. I have a blazer and the pickup but have trying to get a spare parts truck for both, I thought the pickup in Utah was a slam dunk with a $500 bid. Boy was I wrong.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
choll said:
I just looked I bailed at $700. The prices have been crazy. A parts truck in Utah went for around $1500. I have a blazer and the pickup but have trying to get a spare parts truck for both, I thought the pickup in Utah was a slam dunk with a $500 bid. Boy was I wrong.
That 1008 that was listed as a "possible parts truck"? the last time I saw it, it was at 450 or something....

choll

I just checked the bid on that truck. I bailed at $500 and the selling price was $1645, I thought really high for a parts truck. Maybe the buyer saw something that I didn't.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I paid $1300 for a parts M1008 over the summer that had had an electrical fire and some front end rust, bad exhaust system. I previewed it before I bid. Truck had 4 new tires, great seat and dash, good bed, troop seats etc had been a radio truck. Fixed the wiring and actually had the truck running before I parted it "out". Kept the tires, switched seats with my first M1028, kept the pickup bed, sold the troop seats and radio shelf on ebay, switched my bad glow plug card for this good one, kept the gas tank sending unit and dash pad, door panels, switched hoods, and wound up selling it as a complete running cab and chassis for the same $1300.00. I know $1300.00 is high for a parts truck, but for what this came with and what I resold it for, I felt I got all the parts I needed just for the price of gas and a rented trailer.

AJMBLAZER

If the body's good then it might be someone from the rust belt buying it for that. Seen rust free or lightly rusty stuff that I wouldn't have looked twice at when I was stationed in SoCal go for big bucks here in Michigan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks