• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what I need to do to pick up a truck

dirtydeuce

I am new to the deuce world but have been looking into getting one for about a year.
I need to know what needs to be done for me to drive a truck home from one of the storage yards. I need to know what I would need to do to be legal.
Any info would be very helpfull.
Thanks,
Erik

Promise

How do you get a transit permit to drive a truck off of the lot if the DMV wants the title to prove the vehicle is yours and the GOV. LIQUIDATION people won't even think of letting you ask for a title until you have removed the truck from the site? We tried both in Ohio and Wisconsin and both DMV's looked at us like we were crazy. They had never heard of anyone asking for a transit plate for this. I guess they didn't really want our money.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just get it insured and have the bill of sale with you. In most states that is acceptable. Also, you need to add your location to your profile. Its a site requirement.

LibertyDeuce

Re: RE: what I need to do to pick up a truck

Promise said:
How do you get a transit permit to drive a truck off of the lot if the DMV wants the title to prove the vehicle is yours and the GOV. LIQUIDATION people won't even think of letting you ask for a title until you have removed the truck from the site? We tried both in Ohio and Wisconsin and both DMV's looked at us like we were crazy. They had never heard of anyone asking for a transit plate for this. I guess they didn't really want our money.
When I bought my deuce in Texas, just walked into the county clerks office, asked for a 30 day temp with my insurance card and 5 minutes later had my temp tag. You have to ask the state DMV where you buy your deuce, what the regulations are regarding temp tags. Hope this helps.
Just my 2cents

dm22630

RE: Re: RE: what I need to do to pick up a truck

In VA you can get a 3 day trip permit ONLINE and print it at your house for $5

No title required.....just make/model/vin

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: what I need to do to pick up a truck

dirtydeuce said:
I've been searching but I was hoping to get a quick lazy answer.
One of those guys huh,...

Here my advise, take a nap, maybe your answer will come to you in a dream! rofl

oilcan

I got a little busy a while back and couldn't find time to mount the plates on my M1009. That truck was a daily driver (about 170 miles a day) for over two months before I finally remembered to take care of it. I wanted to build a custom mount with light, but ended up using zip ties.

The moral of the story is sometimes green stuff is invisible and you probably won't even be stopped to explain why you don't have license plates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks