• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what if any additives in fuel

bomar76

I use either Stanadyne (best) or PowerService (not my favorite) whenever temps take a big drop and every now and then.
I have had a couple tanks of fuel wax up on me in my Superduty and Stanadyne worked miracles on it.....the 7.3 doesn't return heated fuel to the tank (like the deuce does) so I think they are more prone to waxing.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IIRC Stanadyne blue offers some boost in power where the Stanadyne red offers more of a pump lubrication. (From Memory)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The FM 9-207 calls for "Inhibitor, Icing, Fuel Systems (Ethylene glycol monomethyl ether) to be used for diesel fuels.
One pint per 40 gallons of fuel.
You probably don't need anything unless the temp drops into the zero F and below range. Just kerosene mixed with the diesel will help, too.

Towerguy1

I use Stanadyne Performance Formula. Prevents gelling, Waxing, Boost cetane, Rust & Corrosion prevention, Lubercation, and cleaner. I have also used Power Service with good results. Overall the Stanadyne is a better product.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks