• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Injection Pump model?

Zeus51

historically, my questions don’t capture a lot of answers but I’m looking for a lot of opinions from people who have replaced their IP’s.

Guys, I have a m1009 and m1008 no turbo. My m1008 is starting to lose power and I’ve replaced injectors, lift pump, and fuel filters. So I guess I’m down to replacing the injection pump. When I look at the Stanadyne models manual, there’s like 8 options for IP model numbers for these trucks.

What model would you put on it? I’ve read in the threads that the military IP’s had some solid state internal parts? So I’d like to stick with military if possible.

Do I put a hmmwv 12volt pump for a 6.5 on it? is that better than the ones on the cucv’s?

is there a big difference in fuel delivery between the IP’s?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeMilitarized

historically, my questions don’t capture a lot of answers but I’m looking for a lot of opinions from people who have replaced their IP’s.

Guys, I have a m1009 and m1008 no turbo. My m1008 is starting to lose power and I’ve replaced injectors, lift pump, and fuel filters. So I guess I’m down to replacing the injection pump. When I look at the Stanadyne models manual, there’s like 8 options for IP model numbers for these trucks.

What model would you put on it? I’ve read in the threads that the military IP’s had some solid state internal parts? So I’d like to stick with military if possible.

Do I put a hmmwv 12volt pump for a 6.5 on it? is that better than the ones on the cucv’s?

is there a big differencein fuel delivery between the IP’s?

Pretty sure @swiss put a 6.5 na injection pump from a humvee onto his old m1009.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure @swiss put a 6.5 na injection pump from a humvee onto his old m1009.
Yes the 6.5 ran better. you have to change out the fuel shut off solonoid. The 6.5 I think from memory is 24 volt and the power on the 1008 is 12 volt. I used my old 6.2 solonoid and switched out.

M1008's are dogs.

Get a M915 with a big CAM 400 and you can bump the motor up and have alot of fun.

Zeus51

Yes the 6.5 ran better. you have to change out the fuel shut off solonoid. The 6.5 I think from memory is 24 volt and the power on the 1008 is 12 volt. I used my old 6.2 solonoid and switched out.

M1008's are dogs.

Get a M915 with a big CAM 400 and you can bump the motor up and have alot of fun.
So you’re saying you took the 12v fuel shut off from the bad IP and put it on the new 6.5 IP? Is that easy to do?
Is there a model number you have for that IP? On the Stanadyne manual there’s like 5 different 6.5 model numbers? And if I’m buying one, I guess I want to buy a good one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks