• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it with me and wires? Can't find the tags on some of the wires and the ones I do find I can't read. Help

tbeson

Hello again, well lets play what is this again. This wire is coming out of the passenger side battery box are, it appears to have been (was) connected to either the positive or Negative on one of the battery post. But which one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also what should the tag numbers be? I can fix the tags. 20210402_082654.jpg. They say a picture is w20210402_082645.jpgorth a 1000 word20210402_082642.jpgs, hopefully one of the 4 will tell

Attachments

Action

If you had the correct batteries, the length of the wire could tell you where it went.
Spit on your finger and wipe the tag clean, or something else to clean it. Wait until dark to look at it. Hold a light fromm the side, not straight at the numbers. The recessed numbers and letters will be dark while the rest it lit up.
this works on old data plates too.

Action

I have two wires I cant find on the M series vehicles circuit numbers
348C
68A on top of the alternator, very loose
68a is the 14v wire from voltage regulator to back battery.
tighten the nut.....

i see a 349c from the ste-ice frequency converter to the TCM (a) and speed sensor (b)

tbeson

68a is the 14v wire from voltage regulator to back battery.
tighten the nut.....

i see a 349c from the ste-ice frequency converter to the TCM (a) and speed sensor (b)
Is this the speed sending unit near the crank? if so I am missing the wiring between the two.

I am also missing the wire between the temperature sending unit and the wiring harness. do you know the tag numbers for the temp sending unit numbers? could they be 358J and349B? 20210503_132959 (1).jpg

nayrbrellim

If you had the correct batteries, the length of the wire could tell you where it went.
Spit on your finger and wipe the tag clean, or something else to clean it. Wait until dark to look at it. Hold a light fromm the side, not straight at the numbers. The recessed numbers and letters will be dark while the rest it lit up.
this works on old data plates too.
when I was having trailer harness wiring issues, i would spit on it and shine a flashlight at it in broad daylight - friggin strange how a different angle with light and I was able to read some of em.

tbeson

when I was having trailer harness wiring issues, i would spit on it and shine a flashlight at it in broad daylight - friggin strange how a different angle with light and I was able to read some of em.
I think someone was out to get me on this one, the tags are missing on some of the wires, The wires from the speed sensor near the crank there are no tags., and then I have wires coming out of the harness and they have tags, but the numbers are not matching up to anything I can find.

nayrbrellim

I think someone was out to get me on this one, the tags are missing on some of the wires, The wires from the speed sensor near the crank there are no tags., and then I have wires coming out of the harness and they have tags, but the numbers are not matching up to anything I can find.
I had a trailer harness that had the metal tags that didn't match the color codes on it ol, there's a long thread on here of me losing my damn mind but I finally got it figured and now it all works like a charm. You have to be prepared to stare at it like an idiot for at least a few hours. Then do and do it over again. Hope it works out for ya man.

tbeson

I had a trailer harness that had the metal tags that didn't match the color codes on it ol, there's a long thread on here of me losing my damn mind but I finally got it figured and now it all works like a charm. You have to be prepared to stare at it like an idiot for at least a few hours. Then do and do it over again. Hope it works out for ya man.
Thanks for all the help, Craig over at Macmotors is helping me get the ends and I am going to have to make up some connections to get the temp sensor sending unit back up and running. Not sure what the speed sensor is doing, as the truck drives well with out it plugged in......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks