• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is it?

HELLRIDER

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I just bought my first m35a2! I also have a 5 ton German military dump truck. I don't know much about it, and was hoping someone here can tell what it is. I know it's a MAN. Air cooled, Deutsch diesel 6x6. It has an articulating dump bed.

Attachments

HELLRIDER

Thanks for the replies! Not really sure it's a MAN.My mother lives in Germany, and has a friend that is going to let me know what it is. It runs awesome! I had it up to the bumper in mud, and it got out, without breaking a sweat!

HELLRIDER

Ya, it seems the best things happen, when the camera isn't around! I was actually working with that truck, on my friends property, in VT. We were moving dirt "fill" to an area, where he would later put a mobile home on. After a while, it got kinda soft, and I had a full load, and it sunk while backing up! After I dumped the dirt, I got out, and saw it was up to the bottom of the front bumper! It does have a pretty big winch on it, (was told a 20,000lb..but not sure) but I wanted to try it in 6x6! Man that truck sounded like an angry helicopter!!!! It didn't take all that much, and drove right out! Sorry for the lack of vids, or even pics! This summer, I will be back at it again, this time on my property in VT! With cameras! The pics of my first m35a2, is when I just bought it this past saturday! 1/28/11 I drove it from Staten Island, over the GW bridge, to CT! Cold, but not cold enough to stop me! HAHAHAHA!

HELLRIDER

Up to the bumper in mud :) wow that must be some truck :) it sure looks good...
Ya, its pretty cool! I have to do some brake line work, and service it again. I just bought a soft top, for my m35a2, but it didn't come in the mail yet! I'm hoping it will fit on my 5 ton, if it does, I will buy another one. The tool box behind the cab needs a little work, nothing major. The bed dumps left, right, and back! It has pulleys under it, so you could run the winch cable out the back, or either side! Pull yourself out of a ditch sideways! Pretty sick! Im still getting used to shifting that truck! Hard to get the timing right, when I down shift. The Deuce is much easier!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks