• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this? and thanks Djfreema

area52

First of all thanks to Devin ( Djfreema) for inspecting my truck for me today and sending me the pictures. :)

Second, in the picture below, what is the fitting that is above the dipstick, next to the intake boot? the one with the wire coming out of it?

thanks

Wade

Attachments

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OH,OH, I KNOW THIS ONE!

At least in my truck, it's the temperature sensor. The wire should go back into the cab. I do believe that there is only one wire and one connection of that wire.

I can't believe it! I got one finally. ER, I think I did...

jim

ida34

Sorry jim,
The fitting near the boot is the injection nozzle for the ether injection system. I can see that there is no cannister attached to the firewall so basically it does nothing for you right now. When you get a cannister for the system you can use it to cold start the truck when the temp is below 20F. The temp sensor for both the ether injection system and the temp gauge is more toward the front of the engine. The sensor for the cold start system has the second wire connecting to ground at the little blue connector.

Thanks for playing Jim. I see what you are talking about but by his description I think he is talking about the nozzle not the temp sensor.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I had alot of fun at Port Hueneme today. Got to see some good trucks hopefully coming up for auction soon. The GL rep wouldnt confirm or deny but said to keep checking the website. All the trucks had complete top bows and canvas as well as new dual front suspension seats and mufflers already installed. If I had to guess I would say they are going to Isreal judging by thier condition. I think I recruited a new member today, (Gavin), from San Louis Obisbo who just purchaed a duece and was inspecting it. I told him about the website and he seemed real interested. Anyway it was a pleasure dealing with Wade and I'm glad I could help a member out. Sorry I couldnt get a battery pack swapped out to get it started but GL parked a dead aerostar 1 foot away from the battery side of the truck. Wade, looks like you got a good truck and I saw no reason why it couldnt be driven back home with a jump start.

red devils dude

he's got the ether kit I can see the shot valve on the fire wall.
area52 I have the company that makes the kit's contact info if you
want a canister of starting fluid.

area52

red devils dude said:
he's got the ether kit I can see the shot valve on the fire wall.
area52 I have the company that makes the kit's contact info if you
want a canister of starting fluid.

So the ether canister hooks up to the shot valve and when its cold outside, the ether shoots through the shot valve over to the fitting right?

I would need a canister and an actuator switch if there is not one in the cab, right?

It does get below freezing here so this sounds like a good idea.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks