• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this tracked vehicle?

FrankUSMC

Please correct me on this, but I thought the American version of the Bren Gun carrier (called a T-16) was the one with the ford motor in it? I got the chance to drive one over 20 years ago, it was FUN!!!!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

M135CDN

T-16 Carrier

The Canadian universal Carrier ( aka Bren Gun Carrier ) was made by Ford of Canada and had three idler wheels for the track to run on. The T-16 was manufactured by Ford in the U.S.A. and had four idler wheels for the track to run on. The Canadian and American carriers had different rear drives and used a different steering system, the T-16 being far superior. I have two friends with one of each and the T-16 is far nicer to ride in and had far more room in the drivers station.

vtdeucedriver

Here are a couple more pix...thanks for the info

You buy it?????

Kinda sad in 2 ways. They used and hacked up a CCKW bed and then modified the bren gun carrier. I guess its still neat and if I had 50+ acres to maintain, I probably would have jumped on it.

dfanders

As already said , you are looking at a T-16. 4 idler wheels vs 3 on the bren carrier. For restoration , you have the hard part in the bottom half. The upper half can be re-made.

See my avatar for a Universal carrier

Cheers,
David Fanders

jeepin

Jeepin, is it for sale and if so, how much is it going for?
Yes for sale in Vermont they are asking $1,000. Said it was running but now is setup after being parked. Anyone can PM me for details, I thought it would be worth a look but I don't have enough credit with the wife to bring home any green equipment right now.

dfanders

Looking to Buy

Jeepin,

PM & E-mail sent. Very excited to move on this WW2 vehicle. I have the cash ready. Please contact me so i can get this deal closed with the seller.

ida34

I would get it in a heart beat for $1000. On another note, will someone please take the welder out of Bubba's hand. I hate that guy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks