• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this trailer?

No.2Diesel

It contains a small air cooled gasoline engine that runs an air compressor. The compressor is used to help deliver different types of grease to a pneumatic grease gun. There are several grease nozzles each with their own reel. There are also different tanks for gear oils, etc.

If you had a business with a fleet of trucks or heavy equipment, this trailer would be pretty handy.

Mike_Pop

The trailer appears to be an M353 generator trailer except without the generator and a lube unit instead.

papercu

Trailer

It's not a 3 1/2 ton M353 trailer. I don't think this frame is shared with any other M trailer. These trailers are a lot smaller and the drop deck angle IS much more of a slant than the M353.
I've seen two different style trailers for these type unit, one with a straight front and some like this one.
The steel plate up front with the airtanks is the first I seen like that.
Those look like 9:00x20 tires so closer to a M105. Wayne

jasonjc

RE: Trailer

It's a 2 1/2 ton chassis trailer. It was also use for a water perufcation unit. The newer type is seen next to it in the #2 pic. It has 1 eng oil; tank, hose reel,gun 1 grear oil; tank,hose reel,gun 1 grease tank 2 hose reels and gun and 1 air hose reel. There are 2 type of front plate with the air tanks 1 has , 1 air tank and MC and the other has 2 tanks with 2 MC and a taller plate. I do not know of a "M" # for the trailer it self. The unit weights about 5,500lbs. the trailer is 3,000 -3,500lbs. Not somthing to pull behind the pickup.

Bobert

Looks like a useful piece of equipment. If you need one.
I don't have quite the fleet... yet.

The green one next to it has 8 bolt cucv type wheels. It is 20 years newer too. They seem to be doing more auctions in my neck of the woods lately, I'm getting an m101a2 from the same place and I wasn't quite sure if I needed one of these too.

Can we post GL links? I thoght I put one up but maybe not.
http://cgi.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=1699102&convertTo=USD

As always,
Thanks for sharing from the infinite wealth of knowledge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks