• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What is this winch?

simoncrk

looks like a Braden or a Tulsa 30K, we use them in the oilfield to mount on the back of trucks, to lift skids and tanks etc. if the worm gear is good its worth about $4K to $7K.

Last edited:

wildbilly1760

its made by Braden tag says full drum:15,000,1st layer with min 5 wraps rope: 30,000, continuous duty 39,000

here is another pic http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad257/wildbilly1760/winch005.jpg

it was mounted on a young guys pick up on some kinda half *** bumper grill guard. I saved it in case it could be used on a duece front bumper mount in the future. Not sure if it is feasible because it seems too huge. I am also not sure what might be missing. I do know it was working on the guys pickup and I think he literally ripped his front frame off with it.....neat huh?

Last edited:

simoncrk

I you were closer I might be interested in buyin it. Dont let it go cheap!!! In the oilpatch that thing will bring some dough. Especially right now in PA. With the Marcellus Shale Play kickin off up there......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks