• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what model is this?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, that's smaller than m757/m656?

Guy on here had a thread on them, some sort of prototype with Chrysler engine? Can't remember for sure.

XM410 comes to mind.

Dennis

Found it, CountCv61 has that one, xm410. If you search xm410, and thread odd-ball MV's, its in there.

rizzo

timntrucks said:
nice looking truck is that the actually one that is for sale?
yes. it is my understanding that the photographer stopped by the surplus store and took some pics. Says the guy has a lot of stuff for sale. Higher prices I think

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

citizensoldier

Ok guys.. Here is some of the story on the XM410.. Believe it or not that truck was Bigbees here in Boyne City. Maybe he will chime in and give all the details about them.
Pineview Surplus has it and it is for sale. There are only one or two left in the world if I remember right. It is all alluminum body and this one had a 360 Chrysler v8 in it.. Some of the others had a diesel engine..It is amphibiouse. Dan has another one for parts but the drive systems were all different on each model because it never made it out of the exsperiment stage.. I think they only made 6 or 8 trucks. Some of you might remember GL having one for sale about 2 years ago. I dont know what happened to that one?
I think you should buy it RIZZO..

XM410

Lane's right. That one used to be mine. Didn't look that good when I had it, though.

The XM410 series of prototype vehicles was built by Chrysler and Reynolds aluminum in the 1958-1960 range. 6 prototypes were built. #1 - rumor has it the tailgate is all that's left, somewhere east of Flint. #2 is the one that Dan (countcv61) has at Pineview Surplus just north of Grayling, MI. Mostly complete, body wise, Dan's got a new engine and other parts ready. #3 -unk #4 might be the one in Colorado. It was found in running condition near Detroit, changed hands a few times, and was run till it broke out there. #5 is Dan's parts truck. A collector near Pontiac MI called me to say he'd found one, only it wasn't still all there like when he first spotted it. NOPE, the owner died and his widow let some jerk chop it up for the aluminum. Mostly chassis, but the parts don't seem to interchange with #2. #6 believed destroyed, at least mostly cut up for aluminum, again.

The one in Texas was an E1 model, same general layout with some drastic changes. Only 7 of the E1s. 2 in Flint, that one from Texas, another maybe in New York. Unk on the other three.

both trucks are described in Crismon's US MILITARY WHEELED VEHICLES. 8x8, 2 1/2 ton.

I'm trying to get the research together for an article for MV or Army Motors. Soon, I hope. Soon.

rizzo

RE: XM410

Lane this is my list

1 buy M818
2 sell deuce
3 buy Husky

that 8x8 would be cool, but I have my heart set on tracks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks