• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What other engine trany combo's?

bigmech

I have a rod out the side of the m35 I bought at selfridge. I knew the truck had a problem or two but a hole in the block kind of slowed me down for a while . I wonder if a 466 and a allison automatic would work?Does anybody have info. on this being done and where can I get the set-up. Rizzo has a buddy with a 440 dodge, but I still want the pulling power of a diesel. I have a 7.3 out of a ford truck without the turbo? I also have a 455 olds with a 400 turbo trans. ?????

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: What other engine trany combo

Few engines are as inexpensive, as readily available, as reliable and as easily installed as the LDt-465.

My 02,
David Doyle

houdel

RE: What other engine trany combo

I have a couple of engines I bought from GL at Columbus OH, should have them in a few weeks. One looks absolutely cherry but is non turbo. You are not that far from me, if you are interested when I get them you can take a drive over and take a look. One of them may be just right for you.

hot rod deuce

B series cummins and a 6 speed od allison or a 7 speed manual OD form a ford f-750
The Dt is a good motor dont get me wrong but power to weight and size the cummins is boss IMHO. The 466 will probably fit but im not sure as far as lengh. I had all i could do to get the B series in there with that big radiator and aftercooler with out moving the tranny back. 300 HP and 600 ft lbs comes easy and that is double of an LDT.
If you go with the allsion get an OD, and thats not always easy and cheap, the 7 speed spicer can be had for less than 1500 bucks.

bigmech

Thanks for the info. I need the transmission also, the transfercase popped back into low range while I was towing it or one of my kids were messing around, and it back fed the transmission and cooked ot badly!

jasonjc

RE: Mv

Sorry it the Military Vehicles magazine Its a great magazine! The editor and some of the writer are members here.

jasonjc

RE: Mv

Sorry it's the Military Vehicles magazine Its a great magazine! The editor and some of the writer are members here.

hot rod deuce

lol yeah ANYTHING will fit, just dont forget that when you come back the pedals get closer together....Then the bigger the motor the bigger the radiator, that is the main thing, take a look at that opening...

nevrenufhp

A 466 is becoming fairly cost effective in terms of purchase price. The bad part is, size, and if you turn up the power levels, 300hp on a mechanical 466 is around 900 pounds of axle breaking torque.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks