• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What the whiskey tango foxtrot is this

jmenende

Got a new one. Found this part to be leaking after i bled the brake lines and put in fresh dot 5.1. The part number is 15538215 but i cant find the part online. Anybody have one to sell or can it be rebuilt?

Attachments

blueblaze

Most people bypass those. Load sensing brake valve. More load = more brake. You can usually move the brake line from the valve and bend it carefully right to the flex hose union below it. And then remove the valve and arm down to the differential. cheers

cucvrus

I had 2 CUCV plow trucks back 15 years ago. 1 had the stock set up and the other had the bypass done on the rear axle. And before someone mentions it I know there was a service bulletin that GM put out about bypassing the valve. Any way the truck that had the bypass done would lock the wheels easier on slippery surfaces and brake too quickly when empty. It would lock the wheels on hard highway braking. It was a problem. I added a used valve and the problem went away. We don't have a CUCV anymore for highway use and I still like the stock antiquated anti lock. It was a good idea at the time. And it wasn't only me that wanted it. I added a few to CUCV's that were eliminated for customers over the years. The parts were readily available back then and a plastic piece came with the valve to set it up. Been a while. You don't need the plastic piece if you are not removing the arm from the spline on the valve. Good Luck. I think either way is OK. I just like the old anti lock load sensing valve on the CUCV's. Now a days the vehicles have ABS on everything. I like ABS and think it saved a lot of lives. Have a Great Day and stay COOL.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks