• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tires are these?

sandcobra164

Firestone T831's indeed. They look great but a word of caution, when you put radial tires on a Deuce, they tend to wander around the lane a little and require quite a bit more attention and steering corrections when driving down the road. The solution is to modify the caster plates between the axle and spring pack. Gringletaube had a spot on blueprint that will cure the issue so look around for it.

Attachments

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually, radial 11.00's are cheaper. When you consider super-single rims alone go for around $275; I know you can get G177's for $175 to $200 each.

Recy Mech

Thread hijack alert......well I hope not. Seeing that this is about tyres, and I'm definintely putting the cart in front of the yet to be born horse. I was wondering what the go was with the 'super singles'.

I saw a piccie of a Deuce with those 'bad boy' singles and looked something that I wouldn't mind getting. Err.......pro's/cons, manufacturer.

If I've done the social faux paux of hijacking - mods feel free to trash.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The "stones" are more expensive! I would have not singled my deuce if I could have found the stones for the same price. Just my .02

emr

I'm running Michelin XL's, it tracks perfect and is 100 times easier to keep straight than it was with the stock NDCC's
No modifications to the caster plates either.
These are the beast to me also. :) I just couldnt put a non mil purchased tire on my truck. but that is just me :)

ABN173

Since we are on the subject of tires, my GSA fire Deuce I just bought came with Prime X Trackmaster 500 Load Range "E" 10 ply 9.00-20 tires.

-Dale

Attachments

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We get in the G-177's and T831's from time to time. I've got G-177's on my wrecker. Great street tire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks