• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What tires are yall running on your CUCVs?

beltfedonly

Initially, after obtaining my M1028 and installing a 5" lift, I ran my custom Firestone split rims and 11.00/20 NDT's. After I had my back surgery, I took off the 20's and installed a set of HMMWV wheels and tires to get the truck a little closer to the ground to help me getting in and out. I have run both types/sizes of tires on and off road. Now that I have recovered from back surgery, I plan on re-installing the 20's. I am using 16 ounces of Dyna Beads in each 20" tube and they run smooth as silk on the highway. They also (in my opinion) are superior off road due to their 12-ply Load Range F rating and non-loading tread design. I never could get the HMMWV wheels to balance the way I like. And I rebuilt the HMMWV wheels as good as possible with new everything. I just like the 20's better.

My recommendation to you is to think about what you want to achive in a tire/wheel for your CUCV. If you want something to run smooth on the highway as a daily driver, I don't believe the HMMWV wheels/tires would be the ideal choice. I would instead mount a good quality radial mud & snow on a good quality steel wheel. This will give you a good highway ride while still providing adequate traction off-road.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 803280 View attachment 803282
023.jpg

sgms18

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one tire I got on my truck that ain't dry rot cracked all to hell is a Mud Claw Extreme MT. Obviously ol boy i bought the truck from had a blow out & had to buy 1 tire because it looks brand new. I'm seriously considering just buying 5 more of em since I got the one good one already. It's a decent looking tire & the one guy I know that has em on a f150 says they wear real good. They are about $190 each for 315/75r16s.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks