• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What to do with a MK48 cab?

Scooteerr

On a side note, I would just about kill to find an old huey to use for a static display/club house for the kids.

Or one of those planes that come out of navada (i think).... Every time I see them, I always think, that would make an awesome static lawn "decoration"....

saddamsnightmare

September 7th, 2012.

I knew I guy in Texas had a M113 for his kids to play in (but he had a heck of a collection of other military vehicles on his ranch, too)! Boys, between you, me and the wall, I think somebody's ice cream on here flipped off the cone....:shock: if you know what I mean... and it ain't mine!

Gunfreak25

Go completely custom! You could make your own frame easily or pick up a salvage yard 1 or 2 ton truck for the chassis. Tilt cab is an awesome idea, making it look like a prototype vehicle would be cool. There's a like new FMTV cab complete with all wiring and interior/armor for sale at my local yard. I only wish I was in a position to play with it.

Whatever you do it would also be wise to make every component "fording ready" so you can go mudding without worrying about messing up any of the works. A lot easier than it sounds when your designing from the ground up.

Man I wish I could get that cab now. Hmmm... Nah.

camp9

On a side note, I would just about kill to find an old huey to use for a static display/club house for the kids.[/QUOTE]

I've had the same idea, if you find two let me know, and I'll do likewise. :)

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I managed to avoid bidding on one of the cabs in the last GL batch, but I'm still interested in seeing what sort of creative uses folks come up with for them.

86m1028

I really like the 2 cabs back to back idea !

I have a new (complete) one still in crate near Dallas Tx that I could part with.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks