• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

what trailer is this and a 105 question

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 105 is to big for the 150. Dont worry about age just check it out for worn or rusted out parts on the chassis. I definetly agree that an a2 or a3 trailer is a better choice though.2cents

harleyhouse

Yes a 101! get it, sand blast it and change the axle and rollers to match the bolt pattern on the Ford. Mine is a M101A2 1990 with 8 bolt hubs " matched perfect to my 2002 GMC 2500HD CC.
it weighs in at 1360 pounds. and rides along great behind the truck.

Sign on at Expoditionportal.com for more bug out builds.
my before and after pictures.

Attachments

3dAngus

I agree with the rest of em. The M101A2 is better, the M101A3 is best, unless you can get ahold of a M1101/1102 series trailer, all of which have surge brakes. The M105 is 1000 pounds heavier, taller, and has air brakes over hydraulic, so with the extra 1000 pounds empty, you're off to a bad start. Even so, I'm pulling M105s empty with my Silverado Z-71 without issue, including braking, but sudden emergency stops at high speed (over 50mph) and you can get some undesirable pushing effect. I'm tricking out a refurbished M-105 with M1061 tires to lower the height for my personal use, and might do another for sale. The tires are Goodyear 12X16.5s, wider and not as tall as normal 9X20s, which will lower the overall height, and the pintle will be turned down. Can't wait to try it out.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
The 1101/1102s are only nice cause they are new. When I pick them up for other people, you can't see around them while driving. I guess if you got one for a deuce, that would work great, but behind a full sized pickup, they suck.

3dAngus

Good to know. I'll be picking up my first one in a week or two. I had not considered that. I believe they were made for the HMMWV, which, I guess, is wider than a pickup.

harleyhouse

The M101A2 looks good behind my 2500HD.
The weight is fine for the truck.
I would buy the pictured trailer, swap the axle to match the F150 take the monkey bar off the front and give it a good coat of paint. If the tailgate is missing fab a new one. " just consider it in the offer price"

Attachments

TheVanillaGorilla

I'm going in the morning to "look" lol at it. It has the tailgate in the bed and the guy is kinda clueless I ask if he had converted from 24 to 12v he said it doesn't have batteries. Haha

dutchdriver

You are using tires from M1061 to replace the original 9x20? how much will it lower the ride? I removed springs and axle from my m105 today, was intending to put axle over springs to lower ride height were can i get some m1061 rims and tires? thanks!!:-D

Bulldog 4

I just scored an M1102 trailer on the auction, going to see it in real life tomorrow. Has anybody tried pulling one of these behind a deuce or 5-ton? I am thinking about converting it to 12V lights and pulling it behind my Ford Expedition.