• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What transfer case is this?

McLovin

Hey guys,

bought this TC togehter with a th400.
The owner said, that this combo is from a K5.
It has a 32 spline input shaft and has exact the same lenght like my NP208.
It has an electric speed sensor.

Unfortunately the tag on the TC is not there.

At the beginning, I thought its a NP241, but now I'm not sure, because I found some date stamps 82 and 83.

As I know, NP241 has been delivered with Chevys in the late 80ies, right?
So what TC this could be?

Thanx
Eduard

Attachments

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I'm not mistaken that is a later model NP241. The 241 came into use in 1988 and was used in Chevy and Dodge up until the early 2000's. The model years 1988 through 1992 had mechanical speedometer outputs, afterwards the output was electronic. So it appears you have a post-1992 unit. One advantage the 241 had over the 208's is pressurized oiling. The 208's relied on chain splash to lubricate everything while the 241's had a small pump which distributed oil. Here is a photo of my NP241 attached to my 700R4 -

DSC_0791 (2).JPG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks