• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What type of Camouflage is this

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi,

Can someone tell me what type, era, and colors the camouflage on this truck are. Also, where would this camouflage have been used. I may buy this truck. I'm going to look at it Monday.

Thanks very much,

Kevin

Attachments

Jones

Looks like three color desert. Desert Storm vintage and later. Can't pin down specific date though. Maybe someone else out there can give you a more definate period.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's the old MERC desert pattern. Only place I've seen it used is at NTC in Fort Irwin, CA.. Looks cool, but not very common at all. Here's the info on the truck that your unit was in. 40th Division, 3/160 INF(MECH) Was part of the 1st BDE.

TACMED

Camo

Back in the day ( Late 70's to early 80's) this is what we refered to as "Western Desert" The only two places,(I was stationed at both) was Fort Bliss Tx and Fort Irwin, those are the only two plaecs that the camo would be benefical. I guess that the guard units in those western states had it also but I never saw any

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For comparison, my deuce came from the USMC (Camp Lejeune, NC, 1995) in the 4-color, MERDC shown in the lower right hand corner in the image below.
I changed it to the 3-color (NATO) pattern.
The colors I use are "Sand", "Field Drab" and "Earth Yellow". The original colors were very much faded, but sililar with the addition of "Black".

Attachments

Desert Rat

KH,

That's what I'll be painting my truck after the sandblasting party in about eight weeks. I LOVE that pattern! The guys beat me to the info for you.

DR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks