• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What Would You Do Here?

Hummer Guy

I got the radiator off and I'm currently changing my hydraulic fan to a normal clutch fan. What would you guys do here since you got easy access to a lot of things you wouldn't with the radiator on? I've done the brakes and planning on doing the water pump next.

Attachments

CapePrep

If you have the opportunity, cleaning the engine valley and clearing the drain tube while you have easy access.
Can you describe what the "drain tube" is you reference? I had so much junk in the valley of mine when I got it. Considering pulling the intake to clean up and paint since it is obviously water etc likes to sit in there. Complete newby here and absorbing as much information as I can for my truck.

Autonomy_Lost

Can you describe what the "drain tube" is you reference? I had so much junk in the valley of mine when I got it. Considering pulling the intake to clean up and paint since it is obviously water etc likes to sit in there. Complete newby here and absorbing as much information as I can for my truck.
There is a drain tube in the back to prevent the valley from filling up with water and rusting out your injection pump. Lots of threads talking about it, do some searching and you'll find pictures.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks