• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's this for?

maritimer

RE: What

that is themounting plate for the extra fuel can bracket . if i can get my tailgate down i will post a pic of what it all loks like together

maritimer

theres another braket that bolts to that and the can fits into it . i will take some pics of mine tomorrow to show yeah what it looks like all set up .

JB

I mounted a SAW ammo can there to keep tools, rags & spare antenna tie downs. I have the fuel can bracket and may put it back on one day & just strap a an ammon can in. If not I am gonna put a lock on it.BTW if you do this you have to offset to the right so the lid clears the edge of the bed/top.

Attachments

rottiedog

Re: RE: What

JB said:
I mounted a SAW ammo can there to keep tools, rags & spare antenna tie downs. I have the fuel can bracket and may put it back on one day & just strap a an ammon can in. If not I am gonna put a lock on it.BTW if you do this you have to offset to the right so the lid clears the edge of the bed/top.
THat is cool. Got a few cans. Gonna do the same thing!!

camogriz

There is actually some type of equipment that detects chemical and biological agent contaminants that attaches to that bracket. It's shape is similar to a military fuel or water can. Check out the photo below. I use that bracket in the rear of my M1009 to mount a 5 gallon military water can. You have to bolt a military jerry can holder bracket to that welded-on bracket (the bolt holes of the jerry can holder match the threaded holes of the welded-on M1009 bracket). I hope this helps.

Attachments

acetomatoco

I certainly would not carry spare fuel in the passenger compt. A water can would be more appropriate, but the AAL for the CUCV authorizes a Alarm, chemical agent and a Can, Fuel and a Spout, fuel can for all models, among other things, but no bracket for the fuel can. Hummmm?

mangus580

Ace, I use mine for fuel.... but only when I need to transport fuel with my 1009. What I like about it, is it makes sure the can docent fall over and leak, or slide around in the back.

I also use the space under it for my receiver hitches. 3 across fit nicely, and it keeps them in a space that isn't normally usable.

I do have one of the decontamination kits pictured above. I bought it to keep full of water for hosing things off if need be in remote locations. I have yet to use it though......

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Mike, we could have used that Decon kit at the Fl rally! Both for Fire suppression and for washing! Also maybe with a little modification you could make a sweet "super soaker" out of one!

CliffW

fire

doghead said:
Hey Mike, we could have used that Decon kit at the Fl rally! Both for Fire suppression and for washing! Also maybe with a little modification you could make a sweet "super soaker" out of one!
I bet that guy will remember not to use gas to start his camp fire. He will also remember not to hold the plastic gas can in his other hand at the same time. If not I hope he does not throw it towards other people truck like he did this time when the can catches on fire trying not to burn his down.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks