• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel bearings

painkiller

heres the thing, came back from 4th of july party with the truck and we went through some pretty hilly areas and when we came back i figured i should feel the hubs and the pasenger side last axle hub was pretty hot i could leave my hands on it for about 10 seconds so i went to a guard base and talked to some of the people who work on them all the time they were saying it could be a break not releasing, it might be gear oil in the axle thats low and it could be time to repack them well... i jacked it up and the wheel spun free had my friend hit the break it stopped and then he took his foot off the break and then it spun real nice and i filled it up with gear oil and though well im lucky i dont have to repack because the gear oil was low, and today i took it out to a local car show and i get back and what do i find the hub still getting hot, however it still spins really nice anyone think they know whats wrong i have a parade on saturday lol

painkiller

the differential i filled i mean the hub temps go from warm in the back to cold infront but the far back right side is the hottest and what i am worried about the differential was down quite a bit so i thought that maybe the bearings sit in like a bath of gear oil as well

rdixiemiller

The wheel bearings are all packed with grease. If you have a hot hub, check brakes for drag. If that is OK, clean and pack wheel bearings. Burning a wheel bearing is a bad thing, you can easily ruin a hub and axle housing assembly.

painkiller

yeah i think i am going to pack that one then because i dont feel like burning one up thanks for the info though

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks