• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

wheel cylinder

ajg6989

started tearing down my reaer axle to get to wheel cylinder for first time. It was a little different then the mack trucks I have done in the past. Especially how the drum fits behind the hub instead of over it on the studs.Tryed to get some pictures but got busy and was done before I had taken too many.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you replace or rebuild the wc? I need to do this 6 times on the old wrecker. Somewhere I have the numbers for wc kits. I would rather rebuild them than replace them. I have a few new ones here just in case.

ajg6989

I ordered both a new whell cylinder and a rebuild kit from saturn so i will put the new one on and rebuild the old one for a spare. mainly so I can learn how to rebuild one and not mess it up

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I rebuilt both front cyl's on the deuce. The were just starting to leak. Just a little rust in the bore. Bought a brake hone and used a lot of oil while honing. No leaks, and was pretty easy. Lot more time to get to the cyl. than actually rebuliding them.
I think the it was part #45 at NAPA. If I recall correctly, saturn was cheaper.
Dennis

Last edited:

ajg6989

well went out driving today added some lucas products oil 90weight and fuel additives. Fuel cost me $30 for almost 12 gal. First time I hit the brakes this time I almost hit the steering wheel they work great and no axle leaks of any kind.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks