• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wheel & Tire Ballance

Loose Deuce

I know most people probably don't worry about trying to balance those military tires, but does those small bag of beads that you put in the tube or tire do any good balancing big truck tires?

My Dad put something that looked like a bag of fine powder or dust in his motor home tires, I dont know if it worked.

I would think all 10 tires being ballanced would make a difference in the driving, just that you would always find several that won't balance out. :?:

Dieselsmoke

Works great, the bigger the tire the better it seems to work. There's a lot of them out there now, the one I'm most familiar with is called Equal.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I actually know a couple of guys that are having the steer tires spun and balanced, using normal clamp on style weights.

is there anything wrong with this, other than you have to pay someone to do it?

rizzo

clinto said:
I actually know a couple of guys that are having the steer tires spun and balanced, using normal clamp on style weights.

is there anything wrong with this, other than you have to pay someone to do it?
Blue Water Tire does that and when I bought tires from them I would pay to have them balanced with the lead weights. They would do drive tires and we would get 350k miles out of them.

houdel

Interesting, I was thinking of posting this same question myself yesterday and ran out of time so I didn't get around to it. At around 50 mph or so my Deuce starts a rythmetic vibration reminiscent of what I used to feel in my car if a wheel was out of balance, so I'm guessing I've got one or more wheels on the Deuce that are out of balance.

Rizzo - Any idea what you used to pay to have your semi tires balanced?

Dieselsmoke

Centramatics work awesome. I've got them on my HMMWV and put them on my pickup now as well. Spendy, but what isn't.......