• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can i find one of these

CGarbee

The converter dolly in the photo was fabricated by the gentleman who is unhitching the flatbed from his Mog... Several folks on this site have fabricated dolly's, some using M105 trailer chasis (like this one), some using heavier generator trailer chasis...

They show up now and again at GL sales. There are both single and dual wheel models in the inventory.

Commercial outfits also use them when pulling doubles and they are up for sale often. I find listings for them often in various equipement trader publications and in Rock and Dirt. Only problem for some folks is that most of the commercial units have 22.5" rims or similar (so, you'd have to do some swapping out to get them to match your MV...).

The converter in the photo above left my yard the day after this photo was taken, the flatbed is still in the yard waiting an assignment hauling a XM708 around behind a M817. :)

redass73

you would'nt know the distance from the end of the tongue to the fifth wheel center would you? wondering about boom clearance if i pull a box trailer behind my m816?
rick

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Redass,

The Chemical Shelter Trailers are 105's. I just finished scrapping the one I have and may go get another one this week and scrap it too. That means I will have 2 rollling frames. I can also get a fifth wheel from the junkyard that has the trailers. I can get extra rims/tires if needed to make duals.
I could build you a dolly if you are interested and can figure out how to get it to Ind.
Some of the big trucks over there have sliding 5th wheels which means you can adjust where the trailer would sit on the dolly.
Let me know if you (or anyone else) are interested.

Wreckerman

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I might have access to one that is non-military. I am in Cincinnati Ohio. PM me if you want more info.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one. It's a M197. It uses the same fifth wheel as my M52A2. There are a few pics in the trailor forum of when i brough my M127 home.

JimnRenee

Redass,

The Chemical Shelter Trailers are 105's. I just finished scrapping the one I have and may go get another one this week and scrap it too. That means I will have 2 rollling frames. I can also get a fifth wheel from the junkyard that has the trailers. I can get extra rims/tires if needed to make duals.
I could build you a dolly if you are interested and can figure out how to get it to Ind.
Some of the big trucks over there have sliding 5th wheels which means you can adjust where the trailer would sit on the dolly.
Let me know if you (or anyone else) are interested.

Wreckerman
Wreckerman are you still building these dollys?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks