• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where can we find "GI" gas cans and mounts?

General Automag

I'm new to the forum, so I'm not sure what forum is best for our questions.

We have an older Jeep that evidently has the "GI" or Dick Cepek style gas can holders like these: Locate Any Auto: Dick Cepek Jerry can holder (gas can) - Hartford

We have the holes drilled into the body and are trying to find the gas can mounts and the correct gas cans that will fit. I'm trying to find some pictures of the correct cans AND the gas can mounts so I can know what to look for. Does anyone know if these are still available? If they are available, what would be a fair price? Thank you for your help!

Attachments

mcmullag

flea mkt

I find them at the flea mkt, mostly jerry cans, plastic or metal, very rarely find the mounts but it has happened. Jerry cans seem to run around $10.
I am in a military town so that helps.
Suggest you put your town or city or region in your avatar/info area.
The two on my truck are plastic, one for fuel and one for water (water cans have a wider mouth).
Join an MV club, get some contacts for help on stuff like this.
Check for military surplus stores in your area.

Attachments

cjcottrill

I don't know exactly what part of NORTH AMERICA you are in, but at the weekend military show in my neck of the woods, there were several metal GI cans for 15.00. WWII were 35-50.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

I know a place in my area that has metal old style military surplus Jerry Cans for about $30 bucks, if I remember correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks