• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where can you buy one of the torch cut chopped up hmmwvs from

jjramrod

I know there out there i just want to buy one for all the small parts that arent affected by them chopping them in pieces and some of the bigger ones too

jcappeljr

Supporting Vendor
What parts are you looking for..I am building 2 hmmwvs.I have some extra parts.I just picked up the rear half of a frame.

jjramrod

The quick answer would be front and rear bumpers and just about everything that ataches to the body with few exceptions i have an ambulance top thanks to another member but i need just about everything else for it id love to take a look at the ones your doing then maybe i could figure out what i want to do with mine

4x4Guy

I too am collecting resources on where how and trying to figure out a ballpark here. Ive been going through the posts and anyone with any input about info on finding parts for a M1151 would be very helpful. I have just finished a 5 year project on a '64 convertible and looking to do one more to own for the lifetime if possible

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You aint going to find a cut up or smashed uparmored humvee out there.
After the de-mil, they'll probably go to the ports, and then china.
The parts that are out there are from places that rebuild humvee's, and they get rid of them to the DRMO's, and then the surplus guy's bid and get the lots, and then there for sale.

4x4Guy

So far I have a general idea of that however I am interested in good resources for larger parts regardles the 1151 just a good resource to start of with a tub. I am interested in building one but have not found much yet on HMMWV body parts, I hope it is still possible to build one because buying one outright is not an option

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on everything Greg said...plus, I am sure AM general dont want that stuff out there, they never have and as long as they are in business never will, it also does not fit into the Hmmwv-c project they are promoting...they don't need competition. Your best bet is to find a rolling chassis with body, they do in fact come up on eBay...

4x4Guy

I know of a body with frame and suspension (not sure how complete) available on the west coast if anyone is interested PM and I will provide contact info and pictures I recieved,
Sam

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks