• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where do these wires go on the passenger side alternator.

Jason lost in PV

I can't seem to get the picture to load, however there are 2 red 8 guage wires and a brown wire that looks it is a fusable link- it goes to a 12 or 14 guage pink wire.
The schematic does not show these wires, as far as I can tell

Keith_J

The 8 AWG red with black stripe goes to front battery positive and connects to the isolated negative terminal on the passenger side alternator. The 8 AWG solid red goes to the positive terminal of the back battery and connects to the positive terminal of the passenger side alternator. Both are protected with fusible link of 10 AWG with silicone insulation. Both are hot when batteries are connected and fusible links are good. Solid red should have 24 volts, red with black stripe should be 12 volts.. Both voltages battery level dependent.

The other wire should go to the 24 volt terminal as it is voltage sense for the regulator. Should also be another thin wire for the alternator malfunction indicator in the dash (GEN 2 lamp).

Jason lost in PV

The 8 AWG red with black stripe goes to front battery positive and connects to the isolated negative terminal on the passenger side alternator. The 8 AWG solid red goes to the positive terminal of the back battery and connects to the positive terminal of the passenger side alternator. Both are protected with fusible link of 10 AWG with silicone insulation. Both are hot when batteries are connected and fusible links are good. Solid red should have 24 volts, red with black stripe should be 12 volts.. Both voltages battery level dependent.

The other wire should go to the 24 volt terminal as it is voltage sense for the regulator. Should also be another thin wire for the alternator malfunction indicator in the dash (GEN 2 lamp).
Thanks. The thin wire for GEN 2 dummy light should go on the positive or isolated ground terminal on the alt? I have it on the ground currently.

Jason lost in PV

Thanks. The thin wire for GEN 2 dummy light should go on the positive or isolated ground terminal on the alt? I have it on the ground currently.
I have 1 more wire that I can't find on the schematic. Maybe you can help me.
It's a 14 gauge black/white wire that runs next to the injectors on the driver side of the engine. It was just hanging there and I have no idea where it goes. I'm guessing chassis ground.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks