• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where does my truck come from?

Scrambler

medlog said:
... I only have mental telepathy to do U. S. Army.....
Well, in that case you might be able to tell me about my M36A2
It's hoodnumber is 04J05871

M36A2
repainted several times by me but original number still there, also on tag in cab.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Organization: US ARMY INDUSTRIAL CENTER KAISERSLAUTERN
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M36A2 W/W NSN:2320000771619
Serial Number:54610172 Registration Number:4J05871 Year of Mfg:1971
Manufacturer:65909
It was transferred from there to D Co 6th Battalion, 52nd Air Defense Regiment in 1988 but they never updated the information upon receipt. No further record from there. It was listed under the rear detachment for this unit so it is most likely this truck did not go to desert storm. 52nd has since left Germany and is in the US.

btw: That was...

Attachments

Scrambler

Easy? Well, I've asked before at different places and so far no answer... Thanx!
There is a tag in the cab that says complete overhauling in 1989 in Kaiserslautern etc.
In 2000 it was auctioned off among more of those trucks (±60) and sold to a person in Belgium. They were sold for $ 210 each. Later in 2000 I bought this one for 5000 Dutch Guilders what now would be around 1500 dollars. The truck had only 2300 miles and except for the paint it looked like new.

Now it has around 11000 miles. I drove it to Beltring, England 3 times (The War and Peace show) plus I drove it around where I live, more shows, more fun tours. Not enough tho, 11000 miles is nothing...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks