• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy M101A1 bow corners?

McGuyver

Hello all,

just thought I'd check with you all here to see if you have a good source for where I can find the metal bow corners for my M101A1 trailer. I have enough for one complete bow, but I need 4 more sets in order to build the the other 4 bows. Any help would be appreciated.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have four complete bows for an M101 trailer. I'd sell them for $15 each (if you take all four). Let me know. The only tough thing would be shipping.

McGuyver

$15 for each complete bow? That would include two corners, the wooded center section and two wooden upright, is this right? If so I think I would be interested (oh, and yes, I would be interested in all four bows). What condition are the wood and metal parts in?

Thanks.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, they are complete bows. A couple of the corners might have some surface rust on them...nothing bad. The wood ranges from definitely useable to very nice. They were on my old M101A2. I had to buy a complete set of bows so they came off. I would not have been hesitant to leave them on my trailer. You buy them....I give you my word they will be as nice or nicer than I say. if not...you keep the bows and I'll return your money...less shipping. Anyone who knows me on this list will tell you that I am a man of my word. The only thing I ask is patience with shipping since I am very busy with my baby boy. I'll PM you.

1956_4x4

BKubu said:
Yes, they are complete bows. A couple of the corners might have some surface rust on them...nothing bad. The wood ranges from definitely useable to very nice. They were on my old M101A2. I had to buy a complete set of bows so they came off. I would not have been hesitant to leave them on my trailer. You buy them....I give you my word they will be as nice or nicer than I say. if not...you keep the bows and I'll return your money...less shipping. Anyone who knows me on this list will tell you that I am a man of my word. The only thing I ask is patience with shipping since I am very busy with my baby boy. I'll PM you.
That is a deal that would be hard to beat! I paid more than that just for my corners. I ended up cutting the wood out of pine since I couldn't come up with any hardwood. I'm worried that they are going to snap the first time I take it down the road....

Smitty

McGuyver

Just talked to Bruce on the phone. I'm sold. Thanks to Bruce for helping me get some bows for my trailer. I'm not worried at all about him being straight up honest. You guys vouch for him, and that says volumes.
I'm just really pleased that we have a community of folks here that we can trust and help each other out in this little hobby of ours. ;) No worries here about getting the parts in a hurry. Take what ever time you need. I've been patiently collecting all the different parts I've needed for this trailer over the last year and a half, I can wait a little while longer. :)

These are some of the last few parts I needed to get for my trailer. Very pleased. Much appreciated.

McGuyver

Well, the bows that Bruce lined up for me fell through (turned out he didn't have them anymore and didn't realize it. Thanks for the offer anyway Bruce.)

So I'm still looking for either some complete bows, or just the corner metal pieces. Anybody got any available for me to buy?

MilitaryRestoration

I just got a hole bunch of stuff from a trade and I know i saw complete bows and corners in the pile somewhere...pm and give me a week or so to go through it all and I will let you know. I'm only in Wa. State so would be cheaper in shipping as well...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I fell terrible about making this mistake, Guy. I forgot that I sold them at the last Aberdeen show and mistook some M105 bows I have for the 3/4 tonners.

McGuyver

Don't worry about it Bruce. I totally understand. I appreciate your offering them and going through the trouble to look for them. Only reason I mentioned it here was to explain why I'm still looking for a set. I've got a couple leads now, so it looks like it's going to work out. Thanks for being so willing to help out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks