• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to buy new harmonic balancer

Finnegan1008

I’m looking to replace my balancer and the Dorman 594-128 part number is not available at Napa or auto zone.

Jegs claims they can direct ship from the manufacturer but it projected to ship 10 days out which has me concerned.

I really wanted to do this job asap is there a good source for these balancers?
Any alternative part numbers?

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not that much... Problem is, you'll have to do a lot of disassembling before you can replace the 6.2 sprocket with this other one.

If you only wanted to install a new HB I may be able to get you the thickness of the spacer needed.

87cr250r

The Dayco PB damper is a 6.5 style but has a spacer for use on a 6.2 engine. If you can find that spacer you could use the 6.5 damper without disassembling.

87cr250r

Here it is. This will allow you to put any 6.5 damper on a 6.2.

Last edited:

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter

Thanks for finding this!! I had no idea it was a thing. It does make sense for fluiddamper to make one damper then add a spacer for the older engines.

Finnegan1008

Is there a 6.5 specific (easy to find new GM) crank pulley that works with all of the stock CUCV 6.2 engine accessories?

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there a 6.5 specific (easy to find new GM) crank pulley that works with all of the stock CUCV 6.2 engine accessories?
I bought 3 last year nos from Saturn surplus in halifax pa...they were supposed to close but still selling.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

87cr250r

All of th 6.2/6.5 dampers are the same with the exception of the length of the shaft stub. When the engines went the the DS4 pump the crankshaft got a pulse ring for crankshaft position so the stub on the pulley got shorter to make room.

Attach your current accessory pulleys to whatever damper you end up with and you'll be good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks