• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where to find a CDR valve????

BigGriz86

OK, so ill be testing my CDR valve today to make sure i really need one... but from the oil cloud on startup, the leaking valve cover gaskets, and the leaking oil pan gasket, im thinking its a safe bet.

the rub is that the CDR has been DISCONTINUED by chevy..... seems like kinda a prick move seeing as it causes so many problems when the sucker goes bad. i cant find one anywhere. i finally broke down and called penninsular engines, they build the marine 6.5L diesels, and they said they have them, but they are IN the valvecover........ mine is on a bracket mounted to the intake manifold OVER the valvecover..... so im not sure if its the right one. or if i will just need to buy the valvecovers as well and use the CDR they have.

Anyone here know of a place to buy CDR valves for the old M1009 Blazers with the 6.2L diesel??? im pullin my hair out on this one.

dilvoy

Have you tried removing your cdr and drainig any accumulated oil and possibly flushing it out with a little diesel fuel? It might make a difference.

CCATLETT1984

FMJ said:
It goes right next to the flux capacitor....... ;)
Smarty ;)

Its the Crankcase Decompression Valve, It keeps the engine from building up pressure while running, so it wont leak oil out of every seal.

Your local parts place should still be able to get them without any issues. I just got a new one a few months ago. If not try a real parts house, not a chain store.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks