• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to find a V100???

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do a lot of searching on the internet and military vehicle magazines, talk to people in the MV collecting field, follow up on every lead, and be persistent. The process can take years. Luck plays a big part in it, unfortunately.

There are perhaps twenty V100's known to be in private hands within the US. There are far fewer V150's and Dragoons. Two very nice restored V100's changed hands within the last year, neither went cheap.

Parts are just as much fun to track down. Helps to have, or know folks with, mad fabrication skills, because you are going to hand make a LOT of pieces! Parts for my V100 came from as close as a local junkyard, and as far away as Saigon (NOS traverse lock pins, enough to go into three ongoing restoration vehicles).

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stand by for some frustration too. One was found a couple of years ago, ex-police 1033 program. Despite diligent efforts, the government said absolutely no on it being sold to collectors, or even going to a museum. It went into a smelter, hens-teeth-rare wheels and all. Enough to make a grown man weep.... aua

Cheers

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, I didn't realize those two were up (again for #1 in the ad). Price doesn't seem bad if they are in as good a shape as advertised. They need some accessories inside, but not difficult to find stuff.

Cheers

B3.3T

They were part of the Sovereign Deed/Barrett Moore debacle. Google it if you want an interesting read...

Rickv100

Other thing about armor, is plan to upgrade your tool supply. Every part is heavier/larger and towing\transportation is its own problem. The Littlefield auction has a Dragoon coming up for sale, will be interest to see what that will go for.

Rick

Rickv100

Jason,

i thought you already have a Dragoon. I saw you asking about the Ontos on the g503 board.

I was interested in the Dragoon but I have a son about to enter college and that is more important at the moment.

Rick

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sold it about 6 months ago as it was too big for my shop to handle. A running driving one, that's different and I can make space for it.
Jason

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks