• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Where to post Dutch and other European MVs not fitting the sub-forums.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ran into some nice material on the Dutch DAF MVs including armored material.

So where to post. The non-US MV forum has seven sub-fora:
- four on German stuff,
- one on Volvo,
- one on everything east-block
- one on Tatra.

I am sorry (and stubborn) but as Dutchman I am not going to post something about DAF under the German fora, we definitely do not belong to East Europe or Russia, and Volvo - Tatra deseve their own spot. Which means that we cannot post anything on DAF or the rest of the European truck builders - or from the rest of the world for that matter - under the non-US MV forum.
Maybe a new sub-forum "other European MVs?
Maybe several new sub-fora there like:
- Other European MVs
- Asian MVs
- Australian MVs

:lost:

Anyway, where do I post my stuff on DAF????

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I believe this is the first time it's been presented. I will take it under consideration. However, I will be collapsing some of these non-us forums into larger groups seeing that they have only ~15 threads each. Again, I'm not going to start adding more to the 95+ forums we already have.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the easiest would be by continent with some historic or logical exception. Hence a few less German sub-forums but European MVs and maybe an Asian sub-forum (if there are any people active or interested in that part of the world).

European could include all but the Germans? That is, Volvo, DAF, Renault, and all British goes to "Other European"? One German sub-forum for everything German. Tatra under Russian and East-block. That would clean up a bit.

I second the motion on the 5-tons: should be a section on the old girls (M39s and 800 series) and the "modern" stuff (900s) who technically are a completely different cattle of fish.

embarrassedg.gif I think this kind of posts is called "how to make friends and annoy the moderator-administrator" :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Patracy, :not worthy: thanks for the new sub-forum "other non-US stuff", saw it was up while typing this reply. I'll do my best to help keep it interesting and active.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I ended up collapsing the IAF into the German forum since they were technically "German" vehicles.

vtdeucedriver

Ok, I see you haven't gotten the point.
Recieved your PM and actually I do see YOUR point but for those of us who would be many but got silenced when the poll got locked. It is obvious that you dont see ours. I did not ask to move the 900 series............just us with the M39 series. The reason I got was because its splintered enough and it would create alot of WORK? I cant speak for everyone but I am sure at the point where I wonder, what do I get when I help PAY for this site????? Where DOES the money go? I certinly understand for upgrades and personally I think this would be one of them.
But now I see that another forign section is started...............how many will that support? Will they PAY to sell parts on here???? I am betting not.

Feel free to delete this post.....................feel free to ban me if you wish.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Recieved your PM and actually I do see YOUR point but for those of us who would be many but got silenced when the poll got locked. It is obvious that you dont see ours. I did not ask to move the 900 series............just us with the M39 series. The reason I got was because its splintered enough and it would create alot of WORK? I cant speak for everyone but I am sure at the point where I wonder, what do I get when I help PAY for this site????? Where DOES the money go? I certinly understand for upgrades and personally I think this would be one of them.
But now I see that another forign section is started...............how many will that support? Will they PAY to sell parts on here???? I am betting not.

Feel free to delete this post.....................feel free to ban me if you wish.
Take a look at the section. Two forums have been combined into one allowing for one new "space". I will be closing out the IFA section after google has had a week or so to update. That's also the reason I don't take lightly to ripping forums apart. But in this case there was a valid reason to create a new forum and only "endanger" 15 threads.

I closed the first post because people apparently didn't get the point. Then I closed the poll because people STILL weren't getting the point. It appears that some people will only get the point when you take punitive actions against them. (That isn't a threat towards you, but a general statement. Take the auction listing thing for example.)

I also eluded to the fact that some individuals got banned because of troublemaking over the M35A2 vs. the M35A3 trucks. You see those two vehicles still remain in the same forum to this day.

I'm not going to delete your post. I'm not going to ban you either. I've stated my case and how things have worked out. I just stated that there's no need for further debate. I realize this isn't the answer you're seeking though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks