• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

which oil filters should I buy??? filter installation

reom35a2fluiter

I have now 100 gallons of used motor oil at home.
only the filters must still be purchased.
but which filters should I buy??
I think of the follow filters:
5 microns for the water
10 micron filter
25 micron filter

I hope you can give me more advice??

I also read somewhere that some people use magnets in their setup. how do I build it in this case?

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My first UMO/WMO filtering setup sent the oil through various filters & water-blockers down to 1 micron (AMSOIL bypass filter, EaBP110). However, I am STILL getting water in my final filtered setup, in spite of my best efforts to filter/block water. Granted, my setup is temporary right now, and I want to add a heating element to my coarsely-strained oil drum; but I am so fed up now with the persistence of the water that I am going to purchase a centrifuge this summer.

scoutmanadam

i use magnets in my set up, but i use drip socks so i just throw them in. I have seen someones set up were they put magnets on the waste oil barrel in a way so that as you pour in the waste oil it runs over them. I also use rare earth magnets as they are stronger

reom35a2fluiter

if I have a 5 micron filter application on my installation would not stop the water??

Or am I obliged to apply to a centrifuge??
Where can I buy this centrifuge??

Or maybe you have other ideas??

eagle4g63

So far for me the best thing I do for water is let it sit(the oil) and the water WILL settle to the bottom of the holding tank. Be sure you have a bottom drain or don't pull oil out close to the bottom.

This has been the easiest and by far NO $$$$ way of doing it. You just have to have enough oil to use that it doesn't matter if it sits for a while.

I also have 2 oil containers, one I put in any oil I don't know for sure of (100% free of water) and the other I ONLY put oil in that I am 100% sure of so I can use that stuff right away and let the other set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks