• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which Solargizer for MEP?

bookpile

I went to turn over my MEP-002 in cold weather for the first time and it almost started on the first crank but when I tried cranking the second time you could tell the batteries didn't have enough umph.

With all the revisions and NSN number I am having a hard time telling what the difference is between all the options. I am more interested in getting one that charges over desulfanates but having one that did both would be great. Should I be picking one of these over another?

http://www.pulsetech.net/24V-Solar-Chargers-9665.aspx

Can anyone recommend a good place to buy?

Thanks

Rapracing

I got these on ebay. They seem to be doing what I want and need. I paid $49.99 but see he has them at $39.99 now. :sad: My understanding is they are an older model but if they do the job for that price I'm okay with them being older models. They are new

Pulsetech Solargizer New 735x150 Battery Maintenance System

Isaac-1

Most common one found on these MEP units that does both charging and desulfication is the IS-24-L (now discontinued), but they often show up new in the box on ebay for $20-$50, I have 4 or 5 of these, several of the NSN kits have this model in them, plus various mounting hardware (screws, glue, etc.)

Ike

Isaac-1

Little? my MEP-002a has a pair of group 51R's in it and those are slightly smaller than the original military batteries. To answer that question, I saw a pdf copy of a report the army did studying this online a year or two ago, have not been able to find it again. Where they tested these on MEP-002a and MEP-003a at Ft Benning GA, they had generators scattered around sitting for a couple of years, and only 1 MEP-003a in a shaded area did not maintain a charge. It was noted though that these were marginal for maintaining the batteries on the M35 trucks, and sun exposure was key in that application.

Rapracing

Most common one found on these MEP units that does both charging and desulfication is the IS-24-L (now discontinued), but they often show up new in the box on ebay for $20-$50, I have 4 or 5 of these, several of the NSN kits have this model in them, plus various mounting hardware (screws, glue, etc.)

Ike
That is the one (IS-24-L) mentioned in my earlier post. They are $39.99 shipped right now. I have class 51 batteries on my 002 and haven't had any issues.

rcamacho

Old thread I know.
Installing one in a MEP-802A soon. Is there a standard installation manual as to panel/controller placement?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NATCAD

On oil filter side of generator, on the wall facing from the main fuel filter. Unless you are going to install an arctic heater, then they conflict. By the crank , normal, off switch.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks