• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Which tires?

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M886 needs tires. I can get BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's in a 31-10.50R16.5
The original 9.50-16.5 are pretty close to 31".
I could also take the wheels & 285/75R16 (33-11.50) Mud Rovers off the M882
and get new 33-12.50R16's Mud Rovers for the M882 putting them on some 10" wide rims like the Mud Rovers are on now. Think it will still be ok for parades?

McGuyver

Sure, I'd go for it. (the 16's on the M886, and the bigger 16's on the M882) but then again, I'm not exactly a purist in the strictest sense of the word. I'm running oversized 16's with a 4" lift on my M880. Deffinately WOULD NOT do the NDT's.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I went with the BFG's to keep the stock appearance.

The wide 16's with their current tires are going on a misfit truck for now. ( 84 S10 Ext Cab, working on extending the cab for a full back seat , putting the dana 60 & 44 from a parts M882, might even go with Mopar engine & trans too) :freaked:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm worrying if the 285/75R16 BFG Mud Terrain on 16x8" wheels with same offset as stock won't rub against the pitman arm during tight right turns. Or do you just turn out the stop srew adding a few feet to the right turning radius?

Who has experience with oversize tires for the M886?

Regards,
Gerhard

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No problem there. although with that size tire, in certain off road conditions the fronts could contact the fender. although the day that I did have those tires on the M886 and hit a few trails, nothing rubbed. My M882 sits higher in the front, but has seen some serious off roading and the fronts have hit the fender once or twice.

Mine are 285/75R16 Dunlop Mud Rovers, the rims are the least expensive ones offered by www.SummitRacing.com like $38 ea., They did not offer different offsets.

If I were to leave those on the M886 I would have installed an "add a leaf" to the springs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks