• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

While on the Hyrdaboost subject ...

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
suzukovich,
Welcome to our Green Iron family!!

I've got a buddy of mine currently stationed at the Military base in Stuttgart right now.

He's a contract armorer for which ever specfor group is stationed there.

I just wish I could get him to come back to the states. He's a good friend and he's been overseas for three plus years. He has agreed to stay a little longer on his current contract. He likes his job and the people he works for, so it's a no brainer for him.

But I do miss him. We went through gunsmithing school together. I consider him the younger brother I don't have.

Again, WELCOME to our Green Iron family.

gasser

I like to report success on changing out the hyrdoboost. $100 for a lifetime warranty one from AutoZone, and took approx 4 hours to R&R it (first time). No more leaks on my floorboards, and the truck stops better!

mangus580

Ida, I was able to look it up effortlessly on Autozones website last night. Just tell the site you have an 84 Chevy Blazer with the 6.2 diesel. It will pop right up.

gasser

I looked it up at PartsAmerica.com and took the number to AutoZone, from which they had a different brand but used the same number.

Cardone Hydraulic Booster: Reman.
Part Number: 527248

Hope this helps,

-graham

ida34

Speaking of hydroboosts, Yesterday I was watching Horsepower TV and they were working on a firebird. One of the upgrades was a Baer Brakes hydroboost unit. It was a standard Hydroboost unit attached to a billet adapter to mount in place of the vacuum booster. The upgrade was to provide more braking force. Hydroboost gives such better braking I think it should be put on a lot of other trucks. I think Chevy put them on larger 1 ton trucks with gas engines.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks