• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has a depot repower?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone here know or think that they have a repower from gas to diesel? I'm looking at something here and have questions. The right rear frame mount that supports the bellhousing is different from the gassers to diesels. If one has the former gasser, can you check to see if the right rear mount is Hot Riveted or bolted in place? Should be 4 bolts/rivets near the back of the right spring.
Thanks!

mangus580

I thought your truck way back originally had a Gas? What year is it? I am pretty sure it was already decided you had the gas fenders....

mangus580

Hmmm wonder where I saw one then.... I seem to recall the firewall being cut funny to accomodate the Multi engine....

must be getting crazy in my 'advanced' age ;-)

CGarbee

A buddy of mine (who is still not on this forum as far as I know) has a Studebaker M35 that was originally a gasser that was converted to a Multifuel... I know that there are several "oddities" about how the engine is fitted. If you don't get an answer from somebody else by Sunday, PM me and I'll run over and crawl on/under his truck (can't get to it before then...).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks