• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who has a "parts deuce"

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking for a straight section of the exhaust pipe with the flange portion in good condition...don't care about the rest of it.
Need to custom make a longer version for my 8x8 after I realized that the muffler apparently slows down the turbo response time. It uses the 3-1/2" O.D. pipe.
TIA

Blythewoodjoe

Bjorn, I have several parts trucks that might have what you need. I'll have to get with you later and see what I have. Do you need it quick or is this a down the road project?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joe, the truck is sitting in the yard with the cab lifted off (see separate thread on this), but when I get it back together, I'd like to put the exhaust pipe on it, say 2 weeks or so...
The image shows the flange. I have the tip and will have to get a section of pipe from a muffler shop to make it as long as it needs to be, so I'm only interested in the flange plus a few inches of pipe to weld the rest to it. I don't want to cut up the muffler.
The gauge hook-up shown in the image is to measure back pressure, a project not jet completed.

Attachments

Last edited:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,
Would the top section (the part removed to make a deuce air transportable) work for you?
Yes it would Joel, but the 8x8 piece is longer, so I'll have to splice in a section regardless. That's why I'm just asking for the flange end, which would lessen the shipping cost and also let me use an otherwise damaged item, tip smashed or whatever.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
Yes it would Joel, but the 8x8 piece is longer, so I'll have to splice in a section regardless. That's why I'm just asking for the flange end, which would lessen the shipping cost and also let me use an otherwise damaged item, tip smashed or whatever.
PM me your address & I will send one in the morning. Does the flange + 6"-8" sound good?

Last edited:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eagle,

I was at Mike Arnold's shop at the end of August. He had a new one and his price was, I seem to remember, quite good. You might give him a try.

bs

goldneagle

Eagle,

I was at Mike Arnold's shop at the end of August. He had a new one and his price was, I seem to remember, quite good. You might give him a try.

bs
I am not familiar with who you are referring to? Can you give me more info and phone #

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks