• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Who makes the best aftermarket Air conditioner for M 1008?

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately I’m not sure anybody sells a complete ready to go kit for cucvs anymore, Nostalgic air has been out of stock for the cucv kit for a while now. The problem comes when trying to mount the compressor and keep both alternators as I don’t believe a 24v squarebody setup is made anymore.

You could convert to 12V and find stock 6.2 compressor brackets and adapt from there, or I’ve seen on here someone (I believe 79vette) fab a custom compressor bracket that mounts to the drivers side alt. Or switch to 12V serpentine belt and run 6.5 compressor brackets.

Once you get the compressor mounted the rest of the aftermarket kit should fit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks